[OM] Re: E-500 senior picture

Subject: [OM] Re: E-500 senior picture
From: Andrew McPhee <macca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 15:08:20 +1000
LostKase wrote:
>  My sons' girlfriend asked me to take her senior pictures late in May. I was
> still pretty unfamiliar with my E500 but I gave it a go. I was still shooting
> jpeg like an idiot, but I was particulary proud of this grab shot as we
> headed in for dinner. I saw this mural on a nearby wall and had her pose. It
> was handheld in fading light and isn't as sharp as I'd like but she was happy
> with it. I've got a lot to learn.
>
> http://www.bellsouthpwp.net/l/o/lostkase/wall.jpg
>
> I played with levels,saturation and unsharp mask a little. I had shot it on
> vivid color which was a little too strong. It's nice to have a good subject
> who isn't camera shy.
> I like the 40-150mm kit lens, and seem to shoot with it the most.

A nice, natural photo.

First thing I did on my E-500 was to set it to 'natural' color and it's
never moved from that.  Maybe I should experiment one day.  But I figure
  you can always boost color later in PS.

Oh, one last thing - you forgot to clone out the bird doodoo on her
jacket...  ;-)

Andrew McPhee
<an old fuddy-duddy who doesn't wear 'pre-stained' jeans>