[OM] Re: Inukshuk

Subject: [OM] Re: Inukshuk
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 21:32:09 -0700
Moose wrote:
> Tim Randles wrote:
>
>> Garth, That was an explaination I can almost understand, and you are right,
>> I do shoot a lot of outdoor pics... I cant get enough of being outdoors..
>>
>> Others here have kindly taken the time to reply to my questions, and if I
>> didnt respond, it is not because I was being rude, I cant digest all the
>> information here  in one sitting, but you all need to know I appreciate very
>> much your comments and help. I've learned a great deal since I joined here
>>
>> I started at http://timrandles.photopic.net. I really liked this pic,

I should mention that I did look up Inukshuk and am waiting to see yours:

Inukshuk (singular), meaning "likeness of a person" in Inuktitut (the
Inuit language) is a stone figure made by the Inuit. The plural is
inuksuit. The Inuit make inuksuit in different forms and for different
purposes: to show directions to travellers, to warn of impending danger,
to mark a place of respect, or to act as helpers in the hunting of
caribou. Similar stone figures were made all over the world in ancient
times, but the Arctic is one of the few places where they still stand.
An inukshuk can be small or large, a single rock, several rocks balanced
on each other, round boulders or flat. Inuit tradition forbids the
destruction of inuksuit.
Moose