[OM] Re: E-500 senior picture

Subject: [OM] Re: E-500 senior picture
From: Andrew McPhee <macca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 15:22:50 +1000
Tim Randles wrote:
> what is wrong with JPEG format?

At high-res not much.  But it depends on the 'end use' of the photo
whether I'll use jpg or raw.

>  I use it all the time for convenience to give the pics to others,

So do I, especially for family snaps or 'experiments'.

>  I dont know how to edit pics in raw or other formats.. and dont have
> software for it, got suggestions for software?

Until last week I would have said RawShooter Essentials
http://esd.element5.com/product.html?productid=545269

But they've now been bought out by Adobe.  But you still might be able
to download the free version.  Haven't tried any others because RSE
worked great.

Meanwhile I'm collecting bottles to someday buy PS CS3..

Andrew McPhee