[OM] Re: scanner advice

Subject: [OM] Re: scanner advice
From: Patrick Moore <paddy@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 16:23:13 +0100
* On Fri, Jul 07, 2006 at 11:58:03AM -0300, Wayne Culberson said:
> So, is there a reasonably priced flat bed scanner that would handle both
> prints and 35mm slides that someone could recommend. I had an old 5100A HP
> Photo Smart that is now inoperable because of the connection and card
> incompatibility. Anyways, the photo scanning (5x7 max) mode of it didn't
> work at all, so I'm not interested in trying to resurrect it.

I bought myself an Epson Perfection 4490 a few months back and have
generally been very happy with it,  though I haven't used it quite as much
as I perhaps should be.   Handles 4 35mm slides, 12 35mm frames and will
even manage MF stuff (though I've yet to try it in this mode ...)

It's about half the price of the V700, and I'm sure it's more than half as
good; at least to these eyes and this wallet anyway.

atb,

paddy

--
----------(  "Bother!" said Pooh, as he drank his fifth Pan  )----------