[OM] Re: some photos and Re: MacbookPro 2.0 Ghz first impressions

Subject: [OM] Re: some photos and Re: MacbookPro 2.0 Ghz first impressions
From: swisspace <swisspace@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2006 18:06:03 +0200
Since this email I have found a little time (though not as much as I
need) to try and understand curves better, and as moose quite rightly
pointed out I was trying to overcomplicate things, rather than trying to
understand the tools properly.

However for the cheapskates amongst us I have managed to find and
install UFRaw in gimpshop - gimpshop is the gimp version altered to
resemble the photoshop menu structure and if you install gimpshop in the
default application folder (on a mac at least) there is a script to
install UFRaw to save you having to think to much about it, I didn't
check but I would guess there is a windows version. I am still
evaluating it but to my eyes the colour seems okay.

I tried lightroom and lightzone but they are just too sluggish compared
to iview, maybe when the universal versions come out they will speed up.

and for Cai's view of BBQ's check out  ;-)
http://thattimeoflife.smugmug.com/photos/73566541-M.jpg

IanW