[OM] OT 5D focus screens & E300 note

Subject: [OM] OT 5D focus screens & E300 note
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2006 09:14:51 -0700
I recently sent an email to Katzeyeoptics asking about getting a custom
screen for the 5D. I just received an email from Rachael Katz.

"We have had a lot of interest in the Canon 5D and it is definitely a model
we want to support.  However, we have been dealing with some technical
issues in our development and it has turned
into a more complicated project than we expected.  Because of this, I am not
sure if or when it will be a supported model."

Johnny's experience with the Canon and Brightscreen options seems to say the
only promising option to the standard screen is the Brightscreen whose split
image was working with apertures as slow as f5.6 or perhaps even slower.

I noticed Katzeye optics has a screen for the E-300 but they state that the
installation is too difficult for the average user so they do not provide
instructions.

-jeff