[OM] Re: OT 5D focus screens & E300 note

Subject: [OM] Re: OT 5D focus screens & E300 note
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2006 14:23:43 -0700
Thanks Ken,

I think the results can vary dramatically from person to person. A list
member posted a picture taken with a Zuiko 500/8 that was in sharp focus and
I believe hand held. I've got a lot of very fuzzy pictures taken with Zuiko
500/8, Vivitar 600/8, & Vivitar 800/11 that were tripod mounted. I just
can't reliably focus them. I suspect some of the reason I haven't seen more
problems with my conventional lenses is that I usually shoot at less than
wide open, the auto stop down compensating for marginal focus.

I had very good results with a Tamron 400/4 + 1.4X TC mounted on the E-1.
Again I don't think I shot wide open but probably only 1 stop or maybe 2
away from wide open. However I've also had very good results with a 750/f6
(fixed aperture). Perhaps my ability to focus falls off a cliff at beyond
f6.

-jeff

----Original Message Follows----
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>

For what it's worth, I find that the E-1 is easier to manual
focus than my OM-2S with 2-4 screen.

AG