[OM] Re: some photos and Re: MacbookPro 2.0 Ghz first impressions

Subject: [OM] Re: some photos and Re: MacbookPro 2.0 Ghz first impressions
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2006 02:08:39 -0700
swisspace wrote:
> <snip a bunch of Mac stuff>
>
> Some on topic stuff, here are some more images of the alps - E1 and
> 14-54  (not got the  film developed yet)
>
> here is a rare moment - seeing the eiger ( I cursed when I realised that
> I had left the camera at 800 iso), the moment only lasted 10 minutes and
> then it was covered with cloud again.
> http://thattimeoflife.smugmug.com/photos/72561006-M.jpg

Nice! And we can't see any noise at the posted size...
> still nice to see old transport used
> http://thattimeoflife.smugmug.com/photos/72560809-M.jpg

Where? What horse, I don't see a horse.
> view from a bench
> http://thattimeoflife.smugmug.com/photos/72561135-M.jpg
>
> another view from a bench (we sat on this one for a while)
> http://thattimeoflife.smugmug.com/photos/72561838-M.jpg

Nice shots, but lots of blown highlights on the web pics.
> a scenic shot with waterfall
> http://thattimeoflife.smugmug.com/photos/72562453-M.jpg

Wonderful view! I hope it was shot RAW. If the highlights can be saved,
it should make a great print.
> and finally wild mountain water, yes it really is grey in colour
> http://thattimeoflife.smugmug.com/photos/72562921-M.jpg

I believe the gray, and it's nice and moody. There is also a shot where
the water stays gray and the surroundings look more like I imagine the
eye saw this scene. <http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/Stream.htm>
> There are more "holiday snaps" for those that wish and have time in
> http://thattimeoflife.smugmug.com/gallery/1512136
Some very nice stuff in there. I really like the various shots of
preambulator in wild looking places. The first two shots on page two are
particularly nice, and with far less lost highlights than some others,
so they showcase the mountain/snow/cloud details very well.

Moose