[OM] Re: Software piracy. Boo-hoo-hoo.

Subject: [OM] Re: Software piracy. Boo-hoo-hoo.
From: "Geilfuss Charles" <Charles.Geilfuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 13:32:43 -0500
Walt,
        As far as piracy is concerned I think you are safe. Jury's still
out on some of the other attributes. ;^) In my simple way of looking at
things you are not a pirate unless you copy the OEM disk and sell/give
it away. You on the other hand are taking possession of an object that
was legally purchased and still is only being used by one person. You
may however have registration issues since each copy of the software
should have a unique registration number that is already on file to
another user (your son). Since registration is not required for the
program to work (unlike MS Office) it is probably no big deal. But they
may not put you on their Xmas list.
        Now all you lawyers out there can wade in.

Charlie