[OM] Re: Mamiya

Subject: [OM] Re: Mamiya
From: "Bill Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 15:22:02 -0500
> See the third item down:
> Jathan Edwards (Imation): Distinguishing an Archival Grade Optical Medium

I'll pass that along. Since there are several major national archives under
her areas, this is a constant concern. There are those in the library that
want to convert everything to digital, and throw away the originals. As best
we can tell, those are people that are very image-conscious, and want to
always be on the cutting/bleeding edge.

I can say that, in my very mixed and not entirely pleasant experiences with
recordable CD's, the discs from Imation have been uniformly reliable. Like
my experiences with slide film (I've got faded kodachromes and perfect
Agfachromes among the more predictable results), there can be cheap, off
brand CD's that last just as well, but who wants to take a chance?

Bill Pearce