[OM] Re: Sigma 600mm F8 reflex lens?

Subject: [OM] Re: Sigma 600mm F8 reflex lens?
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2006 08:19:31 -0800
Thanks David. I've got a soldering iron. The screws are very tiny though.
I'm not sure how much heat will get down to the threads. I sure don't want
to break the heads of the screws off. Unless the chemicals really work well,
they'll see the soldering iron.

I'll also stock up on finger nail polish remover and lighter fluid. It's
about time I fixed the lens.

-jeff

----Original Message Follows----
From: David Thatcher <davidt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

On Fri, Mar 31, 2006 at 10:48:58AM -0800, Jeff Keller wrote:

 > Of course the screws have locktite ... holding them very tight.
 >
 > The fact that my lens prevents the camera
 > from operating and that the screws are going to require some chemicals
etc
 > to get them loose, makes me think yours had the same problem.

Jeff,

heat my help you, if the screws are loctited into metal... if you have a
small (25-40 Watts) soldering iron carefully clean the tip of any mobile
solder & apply it to the screw head for several seconds, then try to
unscrew it. beware of any plastic anywhere near the screw, & take care
not to slip...

davidt