[OM] Re: Sigma 600mm F8 reflex lens?

Subject: [OM] Re: Sigma 600mm F8 reflex lens?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2006 21:35:43 -0800
Darin wrote:
> Thanks for the offer Andrew, that would be great. However, it seems
> I first need to determine which of the two sizes my lens requires. The
> lens came with what I asume is the "Normal" filter in it as it's appears
> to be just a clear filter.

The rear filter size should be marked on the filter itself. Mine is
marked "22.5 mm SIGMA NORMAL"

The Normal filter is indeed either clear or a skylight filter. It's
needed to fill the place of an active filter when one is not being used
to keep the optical formula right. At least that's the theory. I'm not
sure it makes any practical difference.

Moose