[OM] Re: [OM-D] PMA 2006 Olympus info?

Subject: [OM] Re: [OM-D] PMA 2006 Olympus info?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2006 16:55:16 -0500
Considered and rejected due to smaller sensor, higher noise and no OM
lens adapter.  The only thing I find attractive in the Nikons is the
superimposed grid lines on demand.  That is a neat feature.

One reason for choosing the 5D is lens availability with a full frame
sensor.  I wanted to do the 35mm equivalent of 28-200mm with f/2.8 glass
with no more than two lenses.  With a full frame sensor you can do it
with a 28-70 and a 70-200.  For APS size sensors you can get (recently)
17-50 or 60 but there is no small sensor f/2.8 equivalent to the 70-200
which would be about 45-135.  You can use the 70-200 but it leaves a gap
at the low end and is longer than really needed at the long end.  In
addition, trying to go really wide means another expensive lens.  When I
shoot wide it's usually on a tripod and slow and deliberate and there my
Zuiko 24 and Tokina 17 are perfectly adequate.  Part of the price
justification for the 5D is avoiding the cost of that additional 10-12mm
lens