[OM] Re: OlympusUSA

Subject: [OM] Re: OlympusUSA
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 08:34:19 -0800
My recollection (often faulty) was that yabe forced many sellers to stop
using their email address as their ID. Alex had been using his
sentosaphoto(?) email but changed it to OlympusUSA. In a way, yabe created
the problem (and increased sales for Alex). Apparently his pentaxamerica
must not be as useful for selling pentax gear ... or maybe he doesn't have
the time and money to corner both markets.

There is also a leicausa that has a 6 year history. Judging by the prices,
it isn't Alex. It would appear that Alex wasn't the first to have a
misleading name. It may have originally been a natural outgrowth of the
desire to grab domain names and hope a big company would pay money to get
their own name.

-jeff

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Daniel Sepke" <dan@xxxxxxxxx>

Darin,

If you take a
trip down memory lane and look up the feedback for some of the other id's
involved in this case you will find something interesting (my thanks to a
certain fellow Brit for bring this to my attention).

Dan S.