[OM] Re: OlympusUSA

Subject: [OM] Re: OlympusUSA
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 11:32:49 EST

On
Behalf Of Darin
Sent: Sunday, February 19, 2006 4:43 PM
To:  olympus@xxxxxxxxxx

Well the dirty  SOB got me again! I found another Olympus lens mount PM-MTob
from a different  seller, with a starting bid of $49.95 and no bids, only to
get sniped by  pentaxamerica...

Darin, Are you not using a snipe program?  If not, why not?   There is seldom
anything I get from eBay, that I want, which is not  sniped.  I will bid on
stuff without using esnipe.com however if I'm really  willing to pay the
freight, you will see my bid at the last moment using a snipe  program.  It is
little like playing poker.  I'll never show you my  hand and I don't mind
checking and then raising.

There are a number of "tricks" to successful sniping.  I will share  one with
you that has worked for me.  Decide what price you feel you  are comfortable
paying (less the postage) and then bid an amount which is  slightly higher
than that incremental bid.  Let's say there is an item that  is currently bid
at
$102.50 and you are willing to pay $175.00 for it.  You  might set you snipe
bid at $175.17 rather than $175.00 as your bid  will beat others who have bid
in even increments with a maximum bid of  $175.00.  You would be surprised the
number of items I've won by very  small margins.  There are other things one
can do to get started  successfully sniping, however this one will get you
started may be  helpful.  Bill Barber