[OM] Re: Picture of my week

Subject: [OM] Re: Picture of my week
From: "Wayne Harridge" <wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 23:09:08 +1100

> For a while now I've been lusting after a 6x7 or 6x9 camera.
> I'd settled
> on getting one of the Fuji rangefinder series thinking it would be
> excellent for backpacking, being smallish and lightweight.  The only
> drawback being that the Fuji's have fixed lenses.

I think one of the early Fuji RFs had interchangeable lenses.  I haven't
seen too many around for sale in Oz.  Perhaps the Mamiya 7 is what you
should be lusting for - I believe the 43mm is exceptional.

> But this subject has got me thinking - I could never have got
> this picture
> with a 'standard' lens.  So now I'm thinking an RB67 might be
> the go after
> all, or maybe a Pentax 67.
>
> Watching oboy I noticed that RB67's are going for a song
> these days while
> Pentax's are holding their value better.  I think there may
> be an RB in my
> future...

Not ideal for backpacking, but perhaps worth the effort on occasions.

When are you visiting Melbourne ?

...Wayne