[OM] Re: Double cable release?

Subject: [OM] Re: Double cable release?
From: Andrew L Wendelborn <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 22:37:21 +1030
At 9:51 PM -0800 2006.02.19, Moose wrote:

>Wayne Harridge wrote:
>
>>Just had a look at the AR-7 @ B&H and it looks more like the Mamiya release
>>than the Oly.  It looks like the throw of the pin on the AR-7 is adjustable
> >(like the Oly), is that the case Moose ?
>

>I think it is supposed to be adjustable, but mine isn't. What looks to
>be an adjustable nose piece ismply won't move separately wiht any
>persuasion I have at hand. Fortunately, it's fine as is.

FWIW, I did find that with my Olympus DCR, it was necessary to make some
adjustments before it would operate correctly.

It's a nice piece of equipment, but I must confess that I quite often just
use a short lightweight single cable release, with manual stop down, as the
size and weight of the DCR can sometimes be an inconvenience.
For me, that is -- YMMV of course.

regards
  Andrew