[OM] Re: CD, DVD lives, July 2005

Subject: [OM] Re: CD, DVD lives, July 2005
From: swisspace <swisspace@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2006 22:40:15 +0100
I have to agree, most electronic failures occur at start up when most
power is needed - Our disk failures mainly occur on start up after a
power failure.

I guess it depends where you work and what you do but I have put an
extra disk in a machine at work and I use it as my offsite backup for
home data, not the os just photo's and email (I don't see why an
external disk wont do) It is also a totally different operating system.
I use firewire/usb  disk to transfer from home to work.

IanW