[OM] Re: Irritating question #183--Which scanner to get

Subject: [OM] Re: Irritating question #183--Which scanner to get
From: Nils Frohberg <nilsf@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 12:14:56 +0100
On Tue, Jan 24, 2006 at 04:24:00PM -0800, Moose wrote:
> I ended up with a Canon FS4000 and have been very happy with it for
> color. It's the one out of all the 4000+ dpi ones that has never had any
> complaints about focus/dof. Sharp edge to edge, no matter what shape the
> film. It's SCSI, not USB or Firewire, but that's been no problem for me
> on XP. SCSI is plenty fast and the current cards are plug and play. The
> film holders are well made and easy to use.

The FS4000 has an USB option. Just need to flip a switch under the unit.
But SCSI is the way to go, indeed.

I'm also very happy with it for color slides. I tried a few B&W pictures
(for approx 15min), which turned out to be too dense. I don't know if it
was the scanner or simply me using wrong settings.

1000+ pictures sure is a lot of work!

Nils