[OM] Re: Damn simple flash.

Subject: [OM] Re: Damn simple flash.
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 07:05:52 -0500
Bravo!  Nicely (and inexpensively) done.  It's also nice to have
essentially unlimited sync speed on the camera in order to separately
control those dual inside/outside exposures.

Since I have no Minolta dedicated flash, I also use the hunt and peck
method with my Minolta A1 and OM dedicated Sunpak 522 and 422 units.
When inside a house or other small area where I can use wall and ceiling
bounce to good effect I put the 422 in the hot shoe and the 522 handle
mount potato masher flash on its own bracket.  I then set the 422 for
ceiling bounce and swivel the 522 for wall and ceiling bounce.  Since
these are OM TTL units I set them to their own auto mode.  Since they're
controlling their own output according to what they each see they're
pretty close to correct on the first go.  After that a couple of test
flashes with tweaking of the ISO dials produces nice exposures.

I could also, of course do the same thing with a BG-2 and a couple of
T-32's.  However, the T-32's auto sensor points to where the flash head
has been swiveled by the BG-2 and would likely take more fiddling of the
ISO slider to get it correct.  But the T-32's are king for multiple OM
TTL flash.

Chuck Norcutt