[OM] Re: Big Epson printers, was: Re: New E?

Subject: [OM] Re: Big Epson printers, was: Re: New E?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 07:31:15 -0500
Thanks for the feedback but it's not actually the same problem and it's
for the wrong printer.  After reading your link I realized that I did
have the right printer model, 4000.  The solution discussed at
Luminous-Landscape concerns X800 models and has to do with the correct
black to be used with matte or glossy paper.

His intention for the 4000 was to switch out all 7 color cartridges and
substitute 7 custom gray scale cartridges.  I believe that these were
from a supplier other than Epson who also supplies a custom device
driver.  He had seen some B&W work done with all these shades of gray
and was impressed as it was the closest thing he'd yet seen to real
chemical B&W prints.  It was having to purge all 7 lines at an estimated
cost of $200 that killed the plan.

Chuck Norcutt