[OM] Re: New E-DSLR

Subject: [OM] Re: New E-DSLR
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 17:59:43 +1100
Like I've said before - 4-5 variables translate into hundreds of
buttons and menu items. S, A, ISO, WB. That's it really. File format
and macro as well, maybe. (Zoom and Exp. comp are not fundamental
variables (you can do them otherhow).  Bizarre.
Most of the functions you haven't mastered yet you don't actually
need. They're just cup-holders rather than better brakes. If you need
them, you'd have worked them out. The little twin-lens Kodak V570 I
got today has about 20 scene modes! Cute but designed for duffers. I
can't even find aperture and shutter controls.
AndrewF