[OM] Re: 360? full sphere photography -- was: Damn simple flash.

Subject: [OM] Re: 360? full sphere photography -- was: Damn simple flash.
From: "Andreas Pirner" <AndreasPirner@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 19:22:36 +0100
Andrew Fildes wrote:
> Oh no - lotsa brains. A full sphere requires a stationary centre
> point or some way of taking all the images in the same moment. From
> an airborne platform, easy it will not be. He's not telling because
> he's already making good money out of it.
> AndrewF

> On 18/01/2006, at 1:56 AM, Bill Pearce wrote:

> >  But the one that beggars our imagination is the
> >
> >> student of his who manages to do full sphere VR images from moving
> >> platforms like a hang glider. How do you do that?!
> >>
> > More guts than brains is my guess!!!
> >
> > Bill Pearce

Back in 2002 it was done with two N*kon Coolpix 950,
each with 180? fisheye attachment lens, mounted back
to back, and triggered simultaniously.

Only brains went into the 'simultaniously triggering',
that is to 'click' both cameras at the same moment.

They successfully made 360? shots from driving cars and/or
with moving objects around the sphere (i.e. zoo animals).

Andreas