[OM] Re: Zuiko 100mm F2 + 2X-A teleconvertor

Subject: [OM] Re: Zuiko 100mm F2 + 2X-A teleconvertor
From: Johnny Johnson <jjohnso4@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 23:10:06 -0500
At 08:59 PM 1/15/2006, Michael Wong wrote:

>It seems I should keep my Zuiko 200mm F4 MC.

Hi folks,

Since Michael brought up the 200mm, f4 -

Are all silver nosed copies single coated?  Are all multi-coated
copies marked "MC"?

I have a silver nosed 200mm, f4 that I never really used when I was
shooting film.  Now I've become one of those anal, pixel peeping,
landscape shooters that Moose described the other day and I've been
playing around with some primes to take on the upcoming trip to the
Southwest.  I'd been thinking of carrying a three lens kit in the
backpack consisting of a 24mm f2.8, 50mm f1.4, and a ~105mm f2.8
(Kiron).  While shooting some test images with those lenses I decided
to drag out the 200mm to see how it would do on a digital body and I
was pleasantly surprised.  In the center it was sharp, had good
contrast, and showed very little CA.  It may become part of the kit
if, in later testing, the edges/corners also prove to be reasonably
sharp.  A couple of other pluses are that it has a built-in hood and
the 55mm filter thread is the same as the 50mm f1.4 I'll be carrying
so I won't need to pack another set of filters.

My 300mm f4.5 will probably spend most of the trip in a case in the
car though.  ;-)

Later,
Johnny

Johnny Johnson