[OM] Re: Zuiko 100mm F2 + 2X-A teleconvertor

Subject: [OM] Re: Zuiko 100mm F2 + 2X-A teleconvertor
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 20:32:59 -0800
If your 50/1.4 has a 55mm filter ring you must have the Wyoming version ...
;-)

http://brashear.phys.appstate.edu/lhawkins/photo/LensXCoatings.txt
This web site reports a black nosed E.ZUIKO 200/4 which should be a single
coated version.

Interestingly, it appears to me that all of the last black nosed 200/4
lenses carry the ZUIKO MC label rather than the later just ZUIKO label.

-jeff

----Original Message Follows----
From: Johnny Johnson <jjohnso4@xxxxxxxxxx>

Since Michael brought up the 200mm, f4 -

Are all silver nosed copies single coated?  Are all multi-coated
copies marked "MC"?

While shooting some test images with those lenses I decided
to drag out the 200mm to see how it would do on a digital body and I
was pleasantly surprised.  In the center it was sharp, had good
contrast, and showed very little CA.  It may become part of the kit
if, in later testing, the edges/corners also prove to be reasonably
sharp.  A couple of other pluses are that it has a built-in hood and
the 55mm filter thread is the same as the 50mm f1.4 I'll be carrying
so I won't need to pack another set of filters.