[OM] Zuiko 100mm F2 + 2X-A teleconvertor

Subject: [OM] Zuiko 100mm F2 + 2X-A teleconvertor
From: Michael Wong <mialop.wong@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 08:27:25 +0800
Dear all,
Last week I tried to test Zuiko 100mm F2 ED + 2X-A teleconvertor. I
successed to in focus by look through viewfinder even the information said
that it is not applicable with Zuiko 100mm F2 ED. But I am very disappointed
that the image is not sharp, much worse than Zuiko 200mm F4 MC

Properly the 2X-A is not fit the lenses with "Floating element
close-distance correction mechanism".

There is an advantage that no focus length is increased if 2X-A is applied.

Samples of Zuiko 100mm F2 ED + 2X-A
http://omgallery.palmcyber.net/files/img906_100_640_161.jpg
http://omgallery.palmcyber.net/files/img905_100_640_954.jpg

Same subject by Zuiko 200mm F4 MC
http://omgallery.palmcyber.net/files/img903_200_640_146.jpg
http://omgallery.palmcyber.net/files/img904_200_640_169.jpg

I don't know my test method is right or wrong but I am pretty sure that the
focus is correct by look through the viewfinder >_<

Michael