[OM] Re: WTB $$ T-mount adapter, Vivitar Series 1 $$ - Reward for help!

Subject: [OM] Re: WTB $$ T-mount adapter, Vivitar Series 1 $$ - Reward for help!
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 15:06:13 -0800
Imagine a T-mount teleconverter similar in operation to an adaptall TC. Now
take a look at yabe 7574152247 which is specifically for the 450. The silver
rivet next to the 4.5 label is a release button for the T-mount orientation.
I am guessing the adjustable vivitar S1 adapter has the same front end but a
bayonet back end.

This is probably how vivitar solved two problems with the 450:

1.) The tripod mount on the 450 doesn't rotate. The T-mount adapter has to
handle the switch from landscape to portrait mode. Pretty cool complex
solution to not having a rotating tripod ring like the other Vivitar S1
Catadioptric lenses. (Celestron and most scope makers have an intermediate
fitting that can be rotated quickly)

2.) If I try to use a (non-vivitar S1) adjustable adapter the setting for
the lens is different from the setting for the TC. Worst case I leave an
adapter on the TC, and carry two adapters for the lens. One adjusted for
landscape and one adjusted for portrait.

The adjustable vivitar S1 T-mount adapter should let me carry one adapter
rather than 3.

If there's anyone that has or can find one for sale, it's worth about 3x the
cost of a generic T-mount adapter to me. Any help would be much appreciated!
.. and a reward paid.

-jeff