[OM] Re: om underwater housing

Subject: [OM] Re: om underwater housing
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2005 22:27:59 -0800
Bill Pearce wrote:

>Moose,
>
>That's interesting. Here, we have both a large Asian community and a large
>Mexican community. We ALWAYS see tabouli with parsley.

But we live in the world of fusion food! I've never seen it with
anything other than parsley (flat leaf (Italian), only, please) at
restaurants or delis, but i can do what I like.

>Do you substitute the cilantro or include it with parlsey??

I start with a mix that has dried parsley in it. I add diced tomato and
cucumber and chopped cilantro. I like what the cilantro does to it.

>People here either love it or hate it, no in between. I love it, but a
>friend says it tastes like soap. I can't say, and considering my language,
>that may surprise some.
>
>For you uninitiates, it is only good fresh. Chop it now and serve tomorrow,
>and most all of the taste is gone.

The stuff I chopped up yesterday went in with all the other stuff to
blend flavors overnight in the fridge. Always better the next day, so I
started making it that way.

By the way, re Chuck on freezing it, cilantro and parsley keep MUCH
longer in the fridge if you put it in a brown paper bag, then in a
plastic bag. Should be damp, but not sopping. Rinse well, shake out
excess water first. Works very well.

Moose