[OM] Re: om underwater housing

Subject: [OM] Re: om underwater housing
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2005 13:43:28 -0500

Bill Pearce wrote:

[cilantro] I love it, but a
> friend says it tastes like soap. I can't say, and considering my language,
> that may surprise some.

Strangely enough my daughter said the same think to me recently when I
asked her if she wanted some cilantro.  I thought she was kidding but
apparently not.  Sure doesn't taste like soap to me.  If it did I'd be
eating the soap too.

> For you uninitiates, it is only good fresh. Chop it now and serve tomorrow,
> and most all of the taste is gone.

For use in a salsa or pico de gallo I think it holds up fairly well when
frozen.  When I buy a bunch at the store I usually split it into three
bunches and freeze two of them.  The first fresh one is the best but the
other two aren't too bad.  Much better than no cilantro.

Chuck Norcutt