[OM] Re: om underwater housing

Subject: [OM] Re: om underwater housing
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 08:26:10 EST

In a message dated 12/6/2005 7:23:55 A.M. Central Standard Time,
chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

The  plant is coriander sativum.  Also called coriander, cilantro and
chinese parsley.  In the US at least the leaves and stems are called
cilantro.  I assume that's the Spanish word.  They're used  heavily in
Mexican and Indian cooking.  I'm not sure about other  countries' cuisine
nor what it might be called in Hindi.

The seed  is simply called coriander seed.  Probably because coriander
seed was  used in US cooking well before the rise of Mexican food in this
country  which, I assume, brought in the use of the leaves and stems and
with it  the word cilantro.

Although it looks like parsley there is no  comparison in aroma and taste.

Chuck, I'm sure you are right and I still think we should go to Moose's
tonight.  <[8^)  Bill Barber