[OM] Re: Which Camera To Count on

Subject: [OM] Re: Which Camera To Count on
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2005 15:58:39 -0800
Andrew Fildes wrote:

>My experience was that the E-500 did not like OM lenses much at all,
>with exposures varying by up to 5 stops while my 10D in 'A' mode
>takes anything with glass in it that I can manage to mount. To be
>fair, I didn't have time to fiddle around, but with the Canon I
>didn't have to.

That agrees with my experience with the 300D, but only up to about f2.8.
Faster than that and it overexposes too much in Auto
<http://moosemystic.net/Gallery/tech/300Dexp.jpg>.

Manual mode or EV compensation can take care of it, but one does have to
pay attention from f2.8 up. Of course, I have only a few lenses faster
than f2.8.

Moose