[OM] Re: Which Camera To Count on

Subject: [OM] Re: Which Camera To Count on
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 23:09:39 EST

In a message dated 12/2/2005 7:09:27 P.M. Central Standard Time,
jjohnso4@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

I bet  you'd just do it yourself like I do.  Takes about 5 minutes max
and  I've had to do it once in 24 months of use.

I've cleaned my sensor many hundreds of times . . . perhaps even in the
thousands and it has required zero extra time.  Some who use either the  Canon
or
Nikon will test for debris on their sensor by taking a test shot of a
cloudless blue sky and then inspecting the image to see what is hanging around
on
their sensor.  I doubt there any many, if any, users of the other makes  who
have used their cameras the way I have used my e-1 who have not had their
sensors cleaned or who have not had problems with crud on their images from  a
dirty
sensor.  I've talked to many owners and repair technicians who have  said
this is an issue.  Interestingly enough, one of the technicians asked  to see
my
e-1 as he had never had one in for repair/cleaning.  The sensor  cleaning
feature is a very nice feature and I would like to see Olympus be more
competitive with their features.  Bill Barber