[OM] Re: Wildlife Photographer of the Year (OT)

Subject: [OM] Re: Wildlife Photographer of the Year (OT)
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2005 16:14:07 -0800
Chris Barker wrote:

>That's an interesting idea Andrew: a gyroscope "fighting" non-
>existent movement ...  ;-)
>
>Now, it might be the movement of the earth making the gyro precess,
>but that would hardly be noticeable.  It is surely more likely to be
>to save battery power while the new-fangled gizmo is not needed :-)

It's one of those observation vs. theory things. No matter how you think
it through and what conclusions you come to, the early IS lenses made
blurry pictures on tripods.

That's when yo have to throw out all the theories that sat that won't
happen.

Some newer designs work fine on tripods. This is all hearsay based on
reading of tests, as I don't have any such gizmos either.

All other things being equal, high iso still beats IS, as it stops
subject movemnent as well.

Moose