[OM] Re: Wildlife Photographer of the Year (OT)

Subject: [OM] Re: Wildlife Photographer of the Year (OT)
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2005 20:34:06 +1100
Some of the IS models like the 70-200mm have a shut down switch that
supresses the IS when on a tripod. I believe that the gyro tends to
'fight' the tripod otherwise, trying to compensate for movements that
aren't happening. Consequently, that is a nice advance on the larger
lens where a pod may not be quite enough.
AndrewF