[OM] Re: [lens] Re: Olympus and The Voice of the Customer

Subject: [OM] Re: [lens] Re: Olympus and The Voice of the Customer
From: "tOM Trottier" <tOM@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 13:11:11 -0500
"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the
unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
- GBS

Plus the biggest profits.

tOM

On 12 Nov 2005 at 9:30,
Mark Dapoz <olympus@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Fri, 11 Nov 2005, Stephen Scharf wrote:
> >
> > No, it's clear to me that OLy has no meaningful VOC...if they did,
> > they wouldn't keep putting out mildly evolutionary products that
> > still don't address the complaints of thier customers.
>
> Imagine what the OM-1, Pen F, or XA would have looked like had it
> been designed solely to the customer specifications of the time.
> Innovation rarely comes from customer input, it requires a visionary
> who understands what people will want, not what they currently want.
>  Apple's Ipod comes to mind.  Of course innovation doesn't guarantee
> market leadership, marketing and affordable products usually takes
> care of that.  I'm happy to see that Olympus continues to be
> innovative and doesn't just follow what everyone else is doing.  I
> just hope they sell enough products to allow them to continue doing
> this.
>       -mark

> List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com
> List nannies:        olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx

---

          -- Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur --
   ,__@         tOM Trottier, 758 Albert St,
 _-\_<,         Ottawa ON Canada  K1R 7V8
(*)/'(*)        N45.412 W75.714 +1 613 860-6633
                Abacurial Information Architecture
                            SETI stats