[OM] Re: USA Southwest

Subject: [OM] Re: USA Southwest
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2005 19:16:11 -0400

> I am so poorly educated when it comes to languages and really should do
> something about that. It interests me but I have too many interests to
> pursue them all. I envy those who speak and understand multiple languages.

I wish I could speak Spanish, and also Quechua, which is a much more
difficult language. I think it's very hard to learn a language when you
don't have the opportunity to hear or speak it on a fairly regular basis.

> We got three elk last week and are
> hoping for two or three more to provide some good low-fat protein.
> /jmac

The pictures make it look cold, but also looks like a good adventure. You
are lucky to live in an area with that much game to hunt. A friend and I got
a 5-point whitetail 2 days ago, but I decided not to post publicly the pics
I took with the C5050. The Ruger #1 in 300 win. mag was a little rough
perhaps for a deer, and because of the angle of the shot, there may not be
too much meat salvaged from one front quarter. We only have deer and moose
in this area, and the moose tags are all on a draw system. I think it's been
3 years since I've had a moose tag. Last year a friend gave me some elk meat
from a trip he had made to Alberta. It was good, but I still prefer moose
meat ahead of them all.
Wayne