[OM] Re: Pronumciation (was Re: USA Southwest)

Subject: [OM] Re: Pronumciation (was Re: USA Southwest)
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2005 22:36:53 -0200
on 4/11/2005 22:19, tOM Trottier at tOM@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, wrote:

> Different accents (same words, different pronunciation)
About <prosodia> :
Yes, different accents of a word, but also different accentuation within a
sentence. Near the eastern frontier towards Brazil, our Spanish sounds more
like in Spain (paradoxically; and this, due to historical reasons I guess) -
but towards the northern frontier souns clearly like portuguese (we call
this 'portuñol' with clear disdain - and has even more strong historical
reasons, more than geographical or cultural reasons)

Not quite different dialects, at least in this small country.
Certainly, Mexican Spanish is a different dialect than ours, and Spanish
Spanish too.

:^)

Fernando.