[OM] Re: Zuikofest Wintertime Workshop - now a little Texas bragging

Subject: [OM] Re: Zuikofest Wintertime Workshop - now a little Texas bragging
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2005 16:44:49 -0800
NSURIT@xxxxxxx wrote:

>I wish you guys would quit complaining about your little bugs.  Spring  time
>is wonderful in Texas.  We have beautiful wildflowers, the birds come  into
>the rookeries for breeding, the snakes, alligators and other
>reptiles/amphibians start stirring and swarms of mosquitos start doing their
>thing.

Well, one more place and time to cross off my list.............

Why do people brag about how bad their bugs are?

Bigger may be better, longer may be better, faster may be better,  more
powerful may be better, although certainly not in all cases and
argueable in others. (Certainly the OM system is the antitheses of this
thinking.)

But BUGS? Especially biting, stinging, bloodsucking, etc.? More never
better, bigger never better, meaner, quicker.... NEVER better.

My worst experience this year was with significant numbers, but not
cloud,s of small, but incredibly quick skeeters in the NYC area. Most
kinds of skeeters I've encountered take a sec to start drilling. I can
often feel them starting in and squash 'em before they can tank up.
These were in and full up in milliseconds. Did it make me feel macho to
encounter them? NO! What did I do? Swat and run! Will I go back? Never!

Y'all can brag about your bugs. I'm happy to live where there are hardly
any.

Moose