[OM] Re: TOPE 24 is live!

Subject: [OM] Re: TOPE 24 is live!
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2005 18:08:58 -0800
Bill Pearce wrote:

>I can't access either TOPE URL through
>

>>SBC, but can access them using Compuserve over the same physical DSL
>>connection.
>>

>Oh yes, I remember them. Have no problems since I went cable.

It really depends on where, when and who. I originally had cable, which
went through two changes as companies were gobbled up. Still, worked
pretty well most of the time. then it was getting pretty frustrating.
Seemed like the web was often slower. SBC then offered 30 day free trial
of DSL, so I signed up. At that time, I could sit watching ping monitors
on two machines, one with cable modem and the other on DSL.The cable was
never as fast as the DSL. The DSL was constant speed, as advertised, and
the cable was sometimes VERY slow, and highly variable. So I dumped
cable and kept DSL.

Been perfectly happy with it. I think they had an outage on the server
end maybe once in a few years. And at least here, it's cheaper than
cable. I know Cable advertises faster access, but they don't guarantee
it. And they still are dependent on how many modems are active and what
they are doing to determine how fast service in any given location and
moment.

Again: It really depends on where, when and who.

Moose