[OM] Re: OM-10 film advance problem

Subject: [OM] Re: OM-10 film advance problem
From: Philippe Le Zuikomane <zuikomane@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 00:55:57 -0500
Moose,

Sorry about the inept phrasing, it was the sprocket roller, not the takeup
spool that rotated freely. When I realized something was amiss with the rewind
knob not rotating or offering resistance, I thought the film had slipped out
and reset it. Then it happened again. I turned the knob hoping it was just some
slack and the film rewound all the way into the cartridge - dumb move.

It gets dumber. I just picked up the OM-10 after reading your reply and played
with it and then at last I turned it over and looked at the front. The
rewind-release lever was still in the rewind position! I turned it 90 degrees,
and sure enough the sprocket is now rotating when I use the film advance lever.

I was expecting the same behavior as with the OM-1, whose rewind-release lever
resets automatically when the camera is reloaded. I'll know I need to reset it
manually on the OM-10 and it'll be ready to go, or so I hope. Maybe I'll try a
double exposure using that... I've got a bag full of expired film to goof with.

Phil Dumb-o-ney

On 17:52, Moose wrote:

>Do you mean the takeup spool and/or the drive gear/spool? The drive
>spool actually pulls the film from the casette across the film gate.
>The takeup spool then winds the film up. For a couple of reasons,
>the takeup spool is driven through a friction clutch.

==