[OM] Re: Shots again the E-500

Subject: [OM] Re: Shots again the E-500
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 19:51:54 -0700
Wayne S wrote:

>Fortunately I don't have to be a "practical photographer" and
>justify my gear by making money with it. In fact, I loose money on
>any camera gear I buy. The real value is not monetary for me, but
>along the lines: I ain't getting younger and this brings a certain
>pleasure. It's a quality thing versus quantity.

That's the situation I'm in. Photography is for me, not for 'them'. That
might change one day, who knows? But for now, what I buy and use is
based on what gives me pleasure, both in use and in the results.

I spent a significant part of my life doing cost and P&L analyses far
more complex than anything AG has proposed for his photography business.
No more! Even if I take a stab at selling prints, I'll make sure I don't
know accurately whether I'm making a little or a lot and what my DCF
cash flow ROI is. Heck, if I try it and like it, I might even keep it up
if it loses money.

I'm impressed that two listees have already admitted to acquiring 5Ds as
soon as they became available and presumeably at initial price. My guess
at it's appeal must not be far off.

Moose