[OM] Re: Shots again the E-500

Subject: [OM] Re: Shots again the E-500
From: Wayne S <om4t@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 17:02:58 -0400
At 03:39 PM 10/25/2005, Ag wrote:
>> not failing under lights with dimmers...
>
>Like we discussed before, I believe your E-1 is sick.  But
>reostat dimmers really can cause AF systems to freak out with
>some types of lightbulbs. (if you can hear the dimmed lights
>buzz, the AF will hunt like an idiot dog).

I've tested each auto-focus sensor in outdoor light and it
all performs really well. I am not seeing the problem I experienced.
So I have to believe the dimmer lights had something to do with it,
or the fact it did not work with the assist light in low light. But
I don't believe there is a 'sick' problem. I got this note from Oly tech
support:

"Although we have three dust collection areas larger pieces of lint/dust can be
moved from the SSWF or from mirror slap into the AF sensor area and cause
malfunction or poor AF operation. You might want to take a look in your camera,
the AF sensor is located just below the mirror. If you see dust we would
suggest sending the camera to us for a cleaning."

Wayne