[OM] Re: WTB or Trade Rewind knob assembly for OM 2n

Subject: [OM] Re: WTB or Trade Rewind knob assembly for OM 2n
From: "PhotoSphere Olympus Camera Service" <olyfix@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 13:24:24 -0500
The original screws were 2.0mm, but were replaced with 1.7mm screws about
'89, same part number.  Once in a great while you can harvest replacement
screws from bent knobs, but they do usually break off.  It might help to
soak with acetone, top and bottom, before trying to remove them.

My "trick" is to drill _up_ from the underside of the knob with a 1/16" bit,
using the hole through the post that screws into the rewind shaft to keep
the bit from "wandering".  Then retap with a 1.7mm tap.  Easy as cake.

> I've had good luck drilling out knobs with broken screws.  The drill
USUALLY