[OM] Re: 28 2.8 woes

Subject: [OM] Re: 28 2.8 woes
From: "Daniel Sepke" <dan@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 14:13:04 -0400
Chuck,

Is the diaphragm visibly oiled? If not then it is most likely the levers in
the mount that are oiled and causing your problem. Popping the mount off is
easy and a quick clean too. Just look out for the spring that returns the
preview button.

Dan S.

From: olympus-owner@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:olympus-owner@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Chuck Norcutt
Subject: [OM] 28 2.8 woes
<snip>
I figured the 28 2.8 would
produce a better result at 2.8 than either of the zooms so I hauled it
out of its hiding place and, as always, gave the diaphragm lever a
little flick to see that all was well.
Much to my surprise the diaphragm lever didn't flick.  It came slowly
sliding back to its open position.
Obviously, it was feeling neglected and is putting up a fit in order to
get a tender, loving CLA.  I have the parts diagram from Mark which is a
good start.  Anything unusual I should know about this lens before I
open it up for cleaning.  Stuff with thread lock, things that have
reverse threads, etc., etc.
Thanks,
Chuck Norcutt