[OM] Mini Field Report - 300/4.5 on the E-1

Subject: [OM] Mini Field Report - 300/4.5 on the E-1
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 13:02:11 -0700 (PDT)
I had the opportunity to utilize a 300/4.5 the past few days on
the E-1.  In looking at some of the results on the computer,
I've got to say that it's very impressive.  The lens is
adequately sharp and contrasty enough to max out the 5MP sensor
of the E-1.

One observation regarding the lens:  It gave nearly perfect
exposures wide open.  It should, as the maximum aperture is 4.5
and within the bounds of the smaller mirror. I did battle the
Manfrotto/Bogen quick release hex plate a bit, but eventually
figured things out.  Unlike the OM body with Winder I/II, you
can't have hex plates simultaneously mounted on both the camera
and the lens.

My only major grouse with the 300/4.5 was that the size made it
slightly more difficult to hide in my bags when it came time to

Another observation had to do with vibration. The E-1 does not
have the same harmonic issues as the OM bodies.  It is very easy
to use long lenses with the "forbidden shutter speeds" of the OM
series.  1/15 is simply not a problem with the E-1.

Samples will be appearing on my website in a few days from this
adventure.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com