[OM] 28 2.8 woes

Subject: [OM] 28 2.8 woes
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2005 17:45:02 -0400
I've had a 28/2.8 in my lens stable for eons.  I think I aquired it as
part of a body purchase and I'm not sure I've ever even used it.  I
normally use a 28-70 or 28-105 zoom if I don't need something even wider
but the other day I encountered a situation where I needed exactly 28mm
and I needed as much speed as I could get.  I figured the 28 2.8 would
produce a better result at 2.8 than either of the zooms so I hauled it
out of its hiding place and, as always, gave the diaphragm lever a
little flick to see that all was well.

Much to my surprise the diaphragm lever didn't flick.  It came slowly
sliding back to its open position.

Obviously, it was feeling neglected and is putting up a fit in order to
get a tender, loving CLA.  I have the parts diagram from Mark which is a
good start.  Anything unusual I should know about this lens before I
open it up for cleaning.  Stuff with thread lock, things that have
reverse threads, etc., etc.

Thanks,
Chuck Norcutt