[OM] Re: WTB or Trade Rewind knob assembly for OM 2n

Subject: [OM] Re: WTB or Trade Rewind knob assembly for OM 2n
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2005 17:21:22 +0000
I didn't mean to cast stones at others whose "someone else" may be under better
control than the one that hangs out here sometimes.

A few weeks ago I came into possession of a 6x9cm Crown Graphic in most
excellent, almost new condition, except that the split-image rangefinder was
unusable because the half-silvered mirror had gone bad.  Apparently, the
Graflex Company never expected that these things would ever need to be
replaced, so they securely glued them in.  In order to replace one, it's
necessary to break out the old one with a pair of pliers, then chip away all
the little pieces of mirror and old glue and level things off, without bending
or damaging any of the rangefinder linkage, enough to cement in a new one.

This I did, in a perfectly workmanlike manner, I must say.  Then I took the
carefully cut, proper-size, 3/4 x 1/2 in. piece, which I had excised from a 2 x
4 in. chunk of half-silvered mirror I got from Edmund Scientific, and proceeded
to glue the *%$@*& thing in WRONG-SIDE-UP, using 5-minute, quick-set epoxy.  I
didn't notice this mistake until about an hour and beers 3 and 4 later.

I have a complete repertory of cuss words, many in more than one language, and
I muttered, spoke, yelled, even sang, every *^%&$@! one of them.  I plan to try
it all again next week.  It's going to take me at least that long to get over
it and make sure "someone else" ain't around.

Walt, still mad as hell at "someone else"

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --

From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx