[OM] Re: This Resolution Business

Subject: [OM] Re: This Resolution Business
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 09:47:36 -0700
I am not your guy, but I have seen this discussion come up several
times on dpreview forums. What I have learned:

1. Editors frequently have unrealistic resolution demands because
they don't understand it either.
2. Photographers without the required equipment to natively produce
the desired resolution frequently upsize their images and sell them
to said editors and everyone is happy, except...
3. Some people, especially the ones who have the high resolution
equipment are incensed over the dishonesty and lack of ethics of
anyone who would lie about the resolution of their images by upsizing
them.

There are also fights over which program or method does an
undetectable upsize. The answer is none. And it does not make much
difference which program or method you use. The results all look just
about the same.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA