[OM] Re: This Resolution Business

Subject: [OM] Re: This Resolution Business
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 16:32:06 +0000
Well, this is kind of like the blind leading the blind.  I doubt anybody here
knows less about this stuff than I do, but to add an element of confusement:
When I convert a RAW E-1 image to TIFF using Olympus Viewer, PWP 3.5 informs me
that it's 314 dpi.

That's all I know and all I have to say about that.  I don't want to appear
even more ignurnt than I are.  :-)

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --

From: "Bob Whitmire" <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

[snip]
> Seems like the E-1 was designed for pro use, so it's resolution ought to be
> fine, but this editor is specific in her desire for a "large 300 dpi image,"
> and so I've played with my programs and found I'm able to register 300 dpi
> by using interpolation programs, but also by just clicking on resize in PW
> Pro and entering 300 instead of 240. After saving the image, when I bring it
> up again it says it's 300 dpi. I can't tell a dime's worth of difference
> between the two images, but you know how magazine editors are.

[snip]