[OM] Re: This Resolution Business

Subject: [OM] Re: This Resolution Business
From: Craig Cunningham <cunninghamster1954@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 14:20:48 -0700 (PDT)
--- Walt Wayman <hiwayman@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> I obviously don't know my ass from a pixie.

Walt, I haven't had the honor of meeting you yet, but
as my favorite curmedgeon, I'm sure that most people
can tell your ass from a pixie (you didn't mean pixel,
did you?).

> In the last several months, I have bought some books
> on this digital stuff: Mastering Digital Scanning,
> Mastering Digital SLR Photography, Mastering Digital
> Printing, and the Epson Complete Guide to Digital
> Printing.  It's a damn shame that paying for them
> ain't enough and that now I've got to actually read
> them.  Snore!
>
> Perhaps later this year, as the harsh and cruel
> Atlanta winter sets in, ....., I can stoke up the
> fire a bit, ....

Given my experience with an entire shelf of these type
of books, your best bet will be to use them to stoke
up the fire a bit, and count on some good old
fashioned learn by tryin' and experimenting... Just
like you've done in the darkroom -- you've mastered
that by getting in there, developing film and then
printing - not reading a bunch of mumbo-jumbo.

Most of the "mastering" books are just baiting you
(into spending more money).

- Craig

http://mail.yahoo.com